New Codemaster Reimbursement Policy
As of todays downtime, the following changes have been made to Codemasters reimbursement policy. Reading through it this seems pretty cool. Of course everyone should be very carefull with their items and account, but it seems like there is now a bit more of a safety net there, and we think this is a very welcome change. The forum announcement from Faya can be found here, but as its reasonably short we will repeat it here in its entireity. Whats interesting to me is the possiblity of a starter pack for hacked accounts in future. (please excuse the formatting, I have reformmated this 5-6 times, and each time I update wordpress adds random spaces and 1.) ‘s in so I quit!
Our reimbursement policy has been updated. Previously if you had lost an item that was not through a system error then you would not be able to get your lost item back. This policy has now changed and you may be eligible to have items reimbursed if the following criteria are met:
- You must apply for the reimbursement no more than 7 days after the item has been lost
- You may not have more than 3 reimbursements per account in a 12 month period
- The GMs must be able to verify that you have possessed the item
- Please note we will never reimburse the following items:
- XP (Experience points)
- Destiny Points
- In-game mails which have been opened
Items traded to other players
- Q: How do I apply for reimbursement of an item I lost?
- A: You can do this by sending in an in-game ticket. While in-game press F7 and go to New Ticket.
- Q: Can I be reimbursed if my account has been hacked?
- A: Not as yet although we are working on a policy for hacked accounts to give the player their character back, although it may be with a “starter kit” appropriate for the level.
- Q: How will I know if my appeal has been successful?
- A: A GM will respond to the in-game ticket stating whether or not your claim was successful. If successful the GM will confirm what item has been returned and how many reimbursements you have left for the year
- Q: Can I appeal if my claim for reimbursement is denied?
- A: Yes, all appeals should be sent to Lotro.GMReport@Codemasters.com
- Q: I lost my item before the change in policy; can I apply for reimbursement now?
- A: You can only apply for a reimbursement if the claim is made no more than 7 days after the item is lost. If it was longer then that you will not be able to claim.
- Q: How long will it take for my claim for reimbursement to be processed?
- A: We expect reimbursement requests to take no more than 3 days to process.
- Q: If my claim for reimbursement is successful, how long will it take for my item to be returned to me?
- A: We expect reimbursement requests to take no more than 3 days to process
- Q: If my claim for reimbursement is successful, how will my item be returned to me?
- A: Your item will be returned either via the in-game mail system, or a GM will return the item to you. In some rare cases the GM will require you to be online when the item is returned.
- Q: Do I need to be online while my claim for reimbursement is checked?
- A: No, you do not need to be online while your claim is checked.
- Q: Do I need to pay for this service?
- A: No, this service is included as part of our standard Customer Support Service for subscription games.
- Q: Why do you only reimburse 3 items / year?
- A: The service is designed to allow the player to correct serious mistakes they have made whilst playing. It is not an “undo” feature for all minor errors. The limit is imposed to ensure players do not abuse this service and take advantage of it only in serious cases.
- Q: Does this apply to any Codemasters Online supported game?
- A: This service is available for any Codemasters Online supported game which is subscription-based.
- Q: If you do reimburse it in in-game gold, on what calculation do you base your valuation of the item?
- A: We do not reimburse in-game gold for items. If the item cannot be reimbursed directly then an equivalent will be provided.
- Q: Can trialists benefit from the same support?
- A: Trial accounts cannot claim reimbursements via this service.
- Q: Will you reimburse the item or will you give me back the item?
- A: We will where possible reimburse the exact item. If this is not possible, an equivalent will be provided.
- Q: Do you differentiate between items lost due to player mistake and items lost due to bugs in the game?
- A: Items lost due to bug in the game are reimbursed without impacting your reimbursement totals.
- Q: What happens if the wrong item is reimbursed?
- A: If the wrong item is reimbursed we will resolve the matter without using another reimbursement request, (i.e. it won’t count towards your total).
- Q: What is classified as one item?
- A: A single item is something which occupies a single slot on a players character or inventory bags. A set of armour is “many items” as is “the contents of a house or bank”